In my house, no one ever asks me “What’s for dinner?” which I think is a testament to the fact that dinner is regularly a hit in my house; my family eats well. I always plan dinner, so that I can plan my grocery list to help me with that hated chore. Sometimes I keep a menu on the fridge so that mouths start watering soon into the week for our adventurous weekend dining.
Dinners for Three
- Monday: oven-roasted chicken breasts with brown rice, broccoli, and tomatoes
- Tuesday: beef steak with spiced barley and roasted Brussels sprouts
- Wednesday: mesquite pork tenderloin, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, and tomatoes
- Thursday: almond-crusted chicken breasts, lemon-herb quinoa, and cauliflower
- Friday: pork tenderloin chops, brown rice, cauliflower, and tomatoes
- Saturday: tilapia tacos (with all the vegetable fixins!)
- Sunday: lean beef steak, quinoa, broccoli, cauliflower, and tomatoes
You can see that we are not pasta people. Well, strike that, let me rephrase it.
You can see from this menu that we don’t eat a lot of pasta. Mooster loves noodles, but the gluten in noodles is no good for my invisible inflammation issues. However, Mooster also loves rice of any and all kinds, so we eat a lot of brown and Basmati rice. I’ve been introducing my family to quinoa (which I have loved since the early 2000s) and Moo has dubbed it “bubble pasta,” but she loves it. Thankfully, I have a great eater on my hands.
The tilapia tacos this week are new to our routine, but since I love spicy fish tacos, I’m GOING to master making them on my own. I’m quite stoked to try it out. You interested in seeing the recipe?