I have too many irons in my fire. I like to be busy, and since I’m not working, I have to make my own busy … and I’m doing too many things not well enough lately.
- I have writing to do.
- I have bullet journaling to do.
- I have blog posts to draft.
- I have a house that needs a fall-cleaning.
- I have laundry that needs washing, drying, folding, and away-putting.
- I have a to-do list that needs attacking.
I’m not doing any of these at 100%, and in fact, some of them are being thrown by the wayside (when was the last time I wrote?) to handle other things. I want three irons and three fires. I need to consolidate my brain into little compartments full of tasks and open a SINGLE drawer at a time.
I’ve spent the past two or three years wondering if I don’t have adult attention deficit disorder. I am a Gemini, so my mind is always going in 93,000 directions at the same time, but I’m almost to the point where I can’t get anything done even when they’re little goals. I need a new mindset. Time to find a book.